To create an amazing space it requires amazing people. Meet our team and the best practitioners in CHENNAI
Dr.PRASANNA MPT,Physical Therapist Dr.PRASANNA , MPT, is the Director of LEAD REHABS . He has 20 years of experience as a senior physical therapist . He graduated with UG in physiotherapy from Tamilnadu Dr.MGR Medical university and received his Master degree in physiotherapy from RMMC&H , where he was honored with the Lions International club Health care Excellence Award. He is extensively trained in McKenzie Method, and completed Manual Therapy course in Federation of Indian Manual Therapists in 2016 .
His professional Achievements Includes,
- Conveners Indian Association of Physiotherapists( Villupuram Dt. Branch)
- Life Member, The Indian Association of physiotherapists L 7933
- Health Care Excellence Award 2003 ( Lions Club of Tindivanam)
- Best Physiotherapist Award by JCI Vellore Metro
He has Leadership quality and was
- Nominated as project, program Director on numerous occasions(IAP*, JCI*)
- Being as Chairman in Blood Donation Club and Mega Medical Camp.
- Secretary in Vellore walkers Club and Stepping Stone Charitable Trust.
- Vice president in JCI Vellore Elite
- Chief Editor Elite success monthly magazine
In Academic stream he was,
- Appointed as a question paper setter in various medical universities.
- Appointed as an examiner as both internal and external and also as convener in the board to Examination in various medical universities in Tamilnadu.
Dr.prasana is very much dedicated towards his profession,has come across lot of patients with orthopaedic conditions.He is well excelled in assessing and suggesting effective treatment for appropriate Conditions. He communicates well with patients and make them feel comfortable and explains them about their condition.His main goal is to provide effective therapy and satisfy by providing maximum recovery to patient.
Dr.M.P.Parthiban graduated from the Tamilnadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai- INDIA, Earning a degree in Physiotherapy in 2001. He worked as Physiotherapist in Pondicherry & Tindivanam, He relocated to Chennai in 2005 and Joined PG Masters of Physiotherapy in Orthopedics from Dr.M.G.R Educational & Research Instititute University,Chennai- INDIA, Earning a degree of Master of Physiotherapy in Orthopedics in 2007.
He started Sunshine Super Speciality Physiotherapy Clinic at East Tambaram in 2006, and after finished Masters of Physiotherapy in Orthopedics in 2007 he started work in Parvathy Hospital as a Chief Orthopedic Physiotherapist.
- Throughout his 17 year career, he has observed many different philosophies of physical therapy assessment and treatment and has found the McKenzie Method to be the most effective and reliable system.
- Dr.M.P.Parthiban has had extensive training in the McKenzie Method, and completed Manual Therapy course in Federation of Indian Manual Therapists in 2016.
- He is more Passion on working upon orthopedic cases like Post-Operative Knee & Hip Replacements Cases, Post –Operative Trauma Cases and much more...
He also treated Adhesive Capsulitis (Frozen Shoulder), Ankle ligament sprain Arthritis, Back pain, Bell’s palsy, Brachial Plexus Injuries, Bursitis, Calf muscle strain, Carpal tunnel syndrome, Cartilage damage, Cervical canal stenosis, Cervical radiculopathy, Cervical strain, Chondromalacia patella, Congenital dislocation of hip, Degenerative arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Foot drop, Heel pain, Impingement Syndrome, Knee ligament injury, Knee meniscus injury,Knee pain, Low back pain, Lumbar spondylosis, Lumbar sprain, Spinal cord injury,Spinal segmental instability, Spondylolisthesis, Sports injuries, Sprain, Stress fracture, Tendinitis, Wrist drop, Osteoarthritis, Pelvic floor weakness, Periarthritis, Plantar fasciitis, Radiculopathy, Rheumatoid arthritis, Rotator cuff tear & much more…
- Specialized in Post-surgical Rehabilitation like..( Total hip arthroplasty, Total knee replacement, Spinal cord posterior stabilization, Femoral & Tibial Nailing, ORIF, Plate & screw Fixations and more..)
Patient education highlights Dr.Parthiban’s personal treatment philosophy. More can be learned from listening to the patient than any test available, and when the patient understands the reasons and the goals for treatment, there is greater empowerment toward success.
- He Received LETTER OF APPRECIATION from Juvenile Care Charitable Trust,Bangalore, India.Worked for CHILD RIGHTS AWARENESS AND EDUCATION PROGRAMS, CHILD ABUSE ERADICATION.
- He Attended the conference held on 2nd April 2004 at Rajah Muthiah Medical College and Hospital, Annamalai University, Chidambaram. Gained knowledge in ADVANCED REHABILITATION TECHNOLOGIES(MOTORISED HAND AND GAIT ANALYSIS).
- He Attended the conference held on 16th April 2005 at Rajah Muthiah Medical College and Hospital, Annamalai University, Chidambaram.Gained knowledge in EMG-BIOFEED BACK AND MOTOR RELEARNING PROGRAMME.
- He is having the Exposure to workshop held on 26th February 2000 at KMCH COLLEGE OF PHYSIOTHERAPY, Coimbatore. Gained knowledge in LOW BACK PAIN-A TEAM APPROACH.
- He Attended the workshop held on 22nd January 2004 at SRI RAMACHANDRA MEDICAL COLLEGE AND RESEARCH INSTITUTE,CHENNAI. Gained Knowledge in EXERCISE WITH GYM BALLS AND THERABAND.
- He Attended the workshop held on 24th January 2004 at SRI RAMACHANDRAMEDICAL COLLEGE AND RESEARCH INSTITUTE, CHENNAI. Gained knowledge in CARDIAC AND PULMONARY REHABILITATION.
- He Attended the workshop held on 15th April 2004 at GOVERNMENT COLLEGE OF PHYSIOTHERAPY,TRICHY,Tamilnadu, India. Gained knowledge in MANAGEMENT OF LOW BACK PAIN.
- He Attended the workshop held on 1st October 2004 at SUNDARAM MEDICAL FOUNDATION, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India. Gained knowledge in TRUNK CONTROL AND ITS FACILITATION TECHNIQUES FOR CEREBRAL PALSY CHILDREN.
- He Attended the workshop held on 2nd and 3rd October 2004 at SPASTIN, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India. Gained knowledge in VARIOUS STRATEGIES IN SENSORY INTEGRATION.
- He Attended the workshop held on 8th to 11thDecember2004 at DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS, Annamalai University, Chidambaram, Tamilnadu, India. Gained Knowledge in RESEARCH METHODOLOGY.
Dr. P. Senthil, MPT, PGDGC, Ph.D.,
He having 14 years of Teaching experience and 16 years of Clinical experience.
Done Master of Physiotherapy with specialization of Physiotherapy in Cardiorespiratory Diseases and Doctorate of Physiotherapy (Ph.D) in Musculoskeletal specialization.
Having 5 years of experience in Physiotherapy research field and published more than 20 article in a reputed national and international Journals.
Presented more than 30 National and International Conference related to Physiotherapy Profession.
Received Best Young Faculty Award, Best Researcher award, Best outstanding researcher award, Distinguished service heard in Physiotherapy Profession.
Expert in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy diagnostic and framing intervention protocol and ergonomical advise too.
Through assessment will be made on the Cardiorespiratory diseases and Physiotherapy protocol of treatment, health fitness will be trained.
Kamlesh Jain completed his Bachelors in Physiotherapy (BPT) from Chennai and specialized in Sports Therapy from the United Kingdom. He has been involved with various teams over the last 10 years and has treated National and International cricketers.
His Professional experience is as follows:
- Kolkata Knight Riders, IPL - 2012 to present.
- National Cricket Academy-BCCI, India A and India Under 19 – 2017 to 2019
- Cricket Association of Bengal (Bengal Ranji team) – 2011 to 2016
- Duleep and Deodhar Tournaments of BCCI – 2011 to 2016
- India Pistons TNCA 1 st Division team – 2011 to 2013
- Awarded Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship (100% Scholarship) for pursuing Masters Programme at London Metropolitan University.
- Awarded Best Alumni Award by SRM University in the year 2017 from the Health Sciences Department.
- Qualified with a high Pass (85%) in the Sports Science and Sports Medicine (SSSM) programme conducted by NCA, BCCI in 2016.
Dr. P. Chandrakanthan, BPT, PGDNYS
Dr. Prince sam
Dr.S.David Vijay Kumar.
M.P.T.(Geriatric), P.G.D. (Gerontology), M.I.A.P,M.I.A.G,M.H.P.C,(UK).
Consultant Physiotherapist & Specialist in Falls Prevention Management in Older People
Dr.S.David Vijay Kumar is an Indian Geriatric Physiotherapist & Falls Prevention Management Specialist, very much considered by many Elderly Citizen Groups in South India.
Dr.S.David Vijay Kumar was born on 7 th June 1982, in the south Indian state of Tamil Nadu. He graduated in Physiotherapy in 2003 from Sri Rama Chandra Medical University, Chennai Tamilnadu - India, and secured a post graduate degree in 2008 with specialization of Geriatric Physiotherapy from Meenakshi Medical Sciences University in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. Subsequently, he went to UK for higher training in Gerontology & Geriatric Rehabilitation at Manchester University in 2009 and obtained the Member of Health Professional Council (MHPC) & practitioner permit.
- In 2018, Dr.David had opted specialized course in Exercise Physiology at University ofCanberra, Australia.
- Currently he is perusing a diplomate course in Osteopathic Manipulative theory &practice at The Osteopathic college of Ontario,Canada.
Dr.David Vijay Kumar started working in many physiotherapy clinics, centres & hospital as a Chief Consultant Physiotherapist, had extensive experience in Geriatric Rehabilitation Physiotherapy & Falls Prevention Management.
He started a Super Specialty Physiotherapy Centre called Elderly Care Physiotherapy Centre (ECPC), & Falls Prevention Lab for older people in 2014.
Elderly Care Physiotherapy Centre (ECPC), a specialized, Geriatric Rehabilitation physiotherapy & Pain Relief Management centre for Senior Citizens along the Kodambakkam High Road on Nungambakkam in Chennai Near Valluvar Kottam. The centre is known to be the first of its kind in Chennai and has a declared mandate to identify issues related to Falls Prevention Management in Older People:
The ECPC ‘s one of the main activities, under the guidance of Padmasri.Dr.V.S. Natarajan, Father of Geriatric.
- Dr.David Vijay kumar has also launched another initiative, a comprehensive geriatric rehabilitation physiotherapy, Falls Prevention Management in Older people & Pain Relief management program covering house calls.
- The door step service has been kept open to persons accommodated in case they suffer restricted mobility & Imbalance based Falls.
Throughout his 15 year career, he has observed many different philosophies of physical therapy assessment and treatment and has found the first of its kind, Falls prevention management technique to be the most effective and reliable system for Reducing Falls and Harm from Falls in older people.
She is pursuing her Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Vel’s University and working as an Assistant Professor in VISTAS.
- She is the founder of Care N Cure Physio Clinic and Aishwaryam Integrated Maternity Studio.
- She has developed special interest in Women’s Health and has done international certifications in Childbirth Education, Pregnancy Fitness, Labor Doula, and Lactation Counselling.
- She is also a pelvic floor physical therapist and postpartum physical therapist who has spent 10 years extensively in Women’s Health guiding and helping women for natural birth, preparing women for birth, be physically present for their birth thereby offering better support system for the birthing mammas and family to better understand and cope with the birthing process, offering breastfeeding support
- postpartum pelvic floor rehabilitation, and to treat women with diastasis recti,urinary incontinence etc.
She has given interviews in TV shows in channels such as Captain TV, Raj TV and Win TV regarding Women’s Health. She has been awarded by Geo India Foundation which is a non-GovernmentalOrganization as a Wonder Women for her work in the field of Women’s Health in the Year 2019.She has conducted Workshop to Students of Physical Therapy in Vel’s University about Exploring Physiotherapy in Birthing and Beyond.
She was also the panel member in an event organized by Noble Hospital and National regarding Diet and Nutrition in infants where she spoke about importance of breastfeeding in infants and spoke about the myths and facts about breastfeeding.
She has been a visiting Childbirth Educator, labor doula, lactation counsellor, and postpartum physical therapist, pelvic floor physical Therapist, and sustainable menstruation educator in Apollo Hospital Vanagaram, Shrushti Hospital, Selva Maternity Center, and Women’s Choice Clinic.
She has organized and participated several events on Women’s Health Such as How to prepare yourself for Natural Birth, Facts and Myths about Breastfeeding, Breastfeeding Support for Working Women
Why Women’s Health is of a concern for Corporates, the secrets of your unborn baby, Use of Menstral Cups for sustainable Menstruation and Hygiene, how to avoid Menstrual Cramps and avoid absenteeism in work place,why the rising levels of Cesarean section is an alarm to entire Human Kind and in what ways each of us can help to educate the society, why Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy is important for every women after birth, Urinary incontinence and Rehabilitation.
Dr. Kavitha also completed her certification in Manual Therapy from Manipal University with extensive training in Maitland, McKenzie, Cyriax, Mulligan and Kinetic control Concepts.
- He worked as a physiotherapist in private hospitals at tirupur and erode. He did observership in TATA MEMORIAL CENTRE in Mumbai
- He also worked as adhoc physiotherapist in DEPARTMENT OF ATOMIC ENERGY at Kalpakkam and in AL-AMEEN MEDICAL COLLEGE , Bijapur.
Ramachandran is currently practicing as Senior physiotherapist in KANCHI KAMAKOTI CHILDS TRUST HOSPITAL , chennai since 2008 (more than 10 years).
He has come across lot of neurological, orthopaedic, cardiorespiratory and burns patients in paediatrics including cerebral palsy, brachial plexus injuries, torticollis, arthrogryposis multiplex congenita, mucolipidosis , congenital anomalies and chest conditions, ages ranging from new born to 18 years .
- He is skillful and experienced in assesing the affected children with reliable tools(GMFCS, FMS, MALLET SCORING, AMS...)
- He is excelled in his treatment like neuro developmental therapy, mobilization, strengthening programmes and by fuinctional activities .
- He is good in teaching chest physiotherapy/ pulmonary hygiene for respiratory conditions
- He is also expertise in deciding orthotic appliances (AFO, FRO, SMO, UCBL, …).
- He guides and makes the parent to understand the actual condition of their children and explains them clearly about the recovery status.
Ramachandran is very much involved in his profession to habilitate/ rehabIlitate children to their full potential to take part in their day to day activities .
A.Safina Amrin is a Physiotherapist, graduated her degree from TN. Dr. M.G.R. Medical University. Her professional interest is towards paediatric, she is very much dedicated towards her profession.
She is working as consultant Physiotherapist for nearly 6 years in CANRAY HEALTH CENTRE, mylapore. She treats adults cases with Musculoskeletal injuries.
- Her primary focus is to interact with patients to understand and explain their problems.
- Her treatment enhances to restore function & thereby improve quality of life to ‘Get Well & Move Well”.
A.Safina Amrin is also practicing as a junior Physiotherapist in KANCHI KAMAKOTI CHILDS TRUST HOSPITAL, Chennai.She is dealing with lot of paediatric Conditions which includes neurological, orthopaedic, Neuromuscular and cardiorespiratory Conditions.
- She is very friendly with children in assessing and provides hands on treatment effectively in skillful manner to ensure the best outcomes.
- She creates a strong relationships with the child and her communication is effective which gives the opportunity to the parents to discuss about their children condition.
- she provides a relaxed environment where the child and parents are comfortable and get involved in the treatment .
A.Safina Amrin is well passionate with her professional skills in helping out children to achieve maximum potential thereby to promote functional performance.
Mr.Mohammed Ayaan is a Sports Physiotherapist,graduated his Master degree from Tamilnadu Dr.M.G.R.Medical University, Chennai. His additional qualification includes Certified Indian Manual Therapist and Certified Kinesiology Taping Therapist.
- He has an exposure in various team like Wheelchair Basketball Federation of India, Tamilnadu Para Sports Association and Paralympic committee of India.
- He was a “Medical Classifier” for Paralympic National events conducted by Wheelchair Basketball federation of India, Paralympic Committee of India and Tamilnadu Paralympic Sports Association.
- He also showed his interest in Asian Beach Volleyball Tournament and various Marathon Events in Chennai conducted by NGO.
He worked as a Executive Physiotherapist for nearly 6 years in SRI SUGAM PHYSIOTHERPY INSTITUTE Private Limited.
Mohammed Ayaan also started his Own Clinical Setup “STRIVE Physiotherapy Clinic” successfully in the year 2018.
- He has keen interest in using Video Analysis for patients to rehabilitate them with Visual feedback.
- He is well known in‘Return to Play’ Protocol in Sports Injuries.
- He is been dealing with lot of Musculoskeletal & SportsInjury cases and treated them with his Hands-On techniques which include Active Resisted Exercise, Manual Therapy, Taping, and Hydrotherapy.
He is practising as a Consultant Physiotherapist in FIT FEET CLINIC at Annanagar. His role is to evaluate biomechanical aspects of feet to identify the problems and thereby suggesting Footwear Modification and Corrections.
Mohammed Ayaan is passionate about working with his patients to achieve their personal goals. He recognizes that the Perception of pain is different for each individual. His overall aim is to guide the patients towards “A Way to Healthy Life”.